The Old Bakery, a delightful 3 bedroom detached cottage in the heart of Comrie village, within walking distance of good local shops, restaurants, cafes and pubs. Sleeps 6 - No Smoking - No Pets
A well equipped fitted kitchen with a table that comfortably seats six is the social hub of the house. Downstairs bathroom with white bath, sink and toilet. Through the hallway is the cosy lounge area, with leather sofas and a woodburning stove. Upstairs is a twin bedroom, a double bedroom and a King size bedroom with adjoining shower room and sink. There is a toilet and sink on the second floor.
Outside is a fully enclosed garden with gravelled parking area.
Comrie Village is in the heart of scenic Western Strathearn, situated at the meeting of Glens Lednock and Artney and lies just a few miles west of the ancient cattle market and Scottish ‘frontier town' of Crieff.
The property is within an hours drive of the historic town of Perth and the City of Stirling. Glasgow and Edinburgh make a good day visit.
Comrie is a charming, vibrant village, only 5 mins walk away and it offers a good selection of shops including a butcher, baker, delicatessen, general store, pharmacy, post office and coffee shops.
There is also a very good spa (Senses) for a holiday treat or post walk massage and several hotels with public bars and restaurants should you want to eat out.
Strathearn offers a walker the variety of arduous mountains or gentle rolling hills to near level walks like ‘Lady Mary's walk' by the River Earn, which starts at the car park of Macrosty Park , Crieff.
Crieff is an old market town which is 7 miles away, it hosts the annual Drovers Tryst. There is a good selection of shops and eating place here.
Close to the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park which boasts an area of outstanding natural beauty visitors have many activities close by;
Golf, swimming, cycling, watersports, walking, quad-biking, off roading, fishing, pony trekking or simple peace and relaxation.
The Old Bakery, Comrie, Perthshire,
- A great visitor attraction, set in 100 acres of Perthshire countryside, Auchingarrich Wildlife Centre has animals and birds from all over the world.
- Blair Drummond Safari Park, Doune , Stirling, is a great family day out.
- Lochearnhead Watersports Centre offers waterbased facilities and sports.
- Muthill boasts a museum, church and the fabulous Drummond Castle Gardens
- Earthquake House at Comrie was restored in 1988 – a geological treasure.
- Fishing on the local lochs and rivers with permits available at local fish farms or shops.
- Golf courses are close by at Comrie, Crieff, St Fillans . The world famous Gleneagles is just a 30 minute drive away and will play host to the Ryder Cup 2014.