The Hub Event will be held at the Stirling Agricultural Centre 9th and 10th of August where the following events will be taking place:
- Free "have a go" sessions for beginners (booking required)
- Free casting demonstrations with world Spey casting champion Andrew Toft and Ian Gordan
- Free professional casting tuition
- Professional fly tyers
- Entertainment, games and treasure hunts for the kids
- 25min seminars on angling related topics
- Big fish hook up simulators
- Product showcases and trials from the Daiwa, Hardy greys and many more
- Malt whisky tasting with Deanston distillery
- Local produce try and buy market
- Scottish Sea Anglers Conservation Network workshop
- Marine Touch-Tank (Courtesy of MASTS)
- Brown Trout Display (Courtesy of Howietoun)
One of the most exciting events at the Stirling International Angling Festival will be the free ‘Have a go’ sessions at the hub event on the 9th and 10th of August.
Completely free of charge, the Festival organisers will:
- Take you to a Swanswater a neighbour fishery (transport free and provided)
- Provide you with equipment
- Have a professional instructor teach you how to cast and catch a fish
- How to release it safely
This is an excellent and free opportunity to hook your first fish. Book your place now on Facebook or Twitter to avoid disappointment and the organisers will do the rest. If you have any questions ask the organisers via social media.
A big part of the Stirling International Angling Festival is getting families and young people involved in angling. So the Festival organisers have provided loads of things for families and kids to do.
- 'Have a go' fishing sessions with professional child and novice friendly instructors. Instructors will take you through everything you need to know to catch your first fish.
- Life size models of whales, sharks and dolphins.
- Fishing Simulator
- Live specimen fish in tanks so you can see what you are fishing for
- Educational talks
- Scottish Sea Anglers Conservation Network workshops
- Delicious local foods
- Bouncy Castle
- Face Painting
- A chance to see the professionals in action
The central Scotland area is very popular with anglers and offers a whole range of angling experiences with both fresh water and sea angling opportunities within reasonable travelling distances from any of our holiday cottages. If you are planning a visit to central Scotland during August this event promises to be a good family day out with activities and events to suit all ages.