St Kessog’s will be open every day from 12 till 5pm with a range of exhibitions with a particular focus this year on pottery. There will even be a chance to get hands on and help to make pottery figures for display in the square. Other craft workshops will include quilting, felting, mosaics, stained glass and jewellery making.
Other highlights are:
• 16th July 8pm An Audience with Liz Lochhead at the Kirk Hall.
The distinguished poet, playwright, translator and broadcaster has
just completed five years as Scottish Makar, or national poet and was awarded Queen’s Gold Medal for Poetry in 2015. An expert in the Scots language she is one of the most influential contemporary writers in Scotland today.
- 17th July 2.30pm A silent movie with piano accompanist Mike Nolan.
- 20th July 3pm & 8pm The young musicians on the Feis Fhoirt CelidhTrail will entertain with traditional Scottish music
- 21st July 8pm Callander Haiku & More with local poets
- 22nd July 8pm Rusty Strings
- 23rd & 24th July A drama production at McLaren Community Leisure Centre
- 23th July 2pm Come & Try Circle Dancing
- 24th July from 1.30 is Jazz Sunday with The Humors, Jim Crumley and Jenne McClure
- 27th July 8pm Callander Chorale • 30th July Trossachs Summer Festival at McLaren Leisure Centre with Mini Highland Games, come and try activities, and family festival ceilidh featuring the Riverside Ceilidh Band
- 31st July Craft Fair in St Kessog’s with proceeds to CHAS.
- The organisers are also planning a selection of films, music workshops and a photo competition. Guided walks, bike rides, geocaching/treasure hunt and other physical activities are in the planning but we would welcome suggestions on things to encourage locals and visitors to make the most of our beautiful surroundings.
Or contact tina. firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
If you are planning a stay here in our part of central Scotland during the time of the Callander Summerfest why don’t you consider going along to take part in some of the activities on offer which do promise to contribute to a great family holiday.