Food and drink is an important part of Scottish cultural identity and heritage and is a key strength in promoting Scotland as a holiday destination.
For example, did you know that 49% of people visiting Scotland want to try local food and two-thirds of Scotland's visitors think that quality food is an important factor when deciding where to go on holiday.
The main objectives for the Food and Drink Year are:
• To increase contribution to the overall value of the sector from tourism and events
• To sustain and build upon the momentum generated by Homecoming Scotland 2014 in further developing Scotland's reputation as a Land of Food and Drink
• To increase use and promotion of Scottish produce across the tourism and events industry
• To increase level of satisfaction with food and drink amongst visitors to Scotland
• To increase level of satisfaction with food and drink amongst event attendees
Food producers and seasonality calendar
Scotland is blessed with a fantastic larder of the some of the best natural produce in the world. Scotland Food & Drink works to make Scotland internationally known as a Land of Food and Drink by supporting the industry to make the most of our natural resources and the skills of our people.
Scotland’s food producers and suppliers
Buyers can search over 1000 Scottish suppliers, find detailed information on a varied catalogue of Scotland’s food producers and suppliers and compile Favourites lists using Scotland Food & Drink’s supplier Showcase.
Focusing on produce and harvest times specific to Scotland, you can also eat the seasons with Scotland Food & Drink’s interactive Seasonality Calendar. Explore the tips from Scottish experts sharing food facts and advice alongside the supplier Showcase to make sourcing Scottish produce simple.
There will be events organised across the country over the year and details of these can be found on the Visit Scotland website at http://www.visitscotland.org
If you are planning a holiday here in central Scotland in one of our self-catering holiday cottages during the year why not check out what will be happening in our area while you are here and enjoy some of the delicious local food and drink to be found here.